If you own property free of extraneous legal bindings and need proof of it, you might find this Affidavit of No Lien sample form of some use.
There are many free lien related sample forms here on the By-the-Letter site, and each and every one of them can be of use to you as a property owner.
This particular form will be of good use if you own property that does not have any liens or mortgages on it.
In our current economy owning property outright is quite an accomplishment, not to mention an anomaly!
A sample form such as this one provides legal documentation, proving that property owned, property authority and the purchaser are clear of all liens, encumbrances, claims and demands.
Forms like this are mostly used prior to finalizing a sale of property, but if you have need of it, by all means use it!
Before me, a duly commissioned Notary Public within and for the State and County aforesaid, personally appeared ______________ who, after being duly sworn as required by law, deposes and says:
1. That he is the ___________________[title] of ______________[firm].
2.That_____________________[said firm] is the owner of the improved property known and legally described as follows:
SEE EXHIBIT "A" ATTACHED HERETO
[set forth legal description]
3. That ___________________is not the subject to any bankruptcy, creditor's reorganization or insolvency proceeding and none are pending, contemplated or threatened.
4. That ____________________has possession of the property and that there is no other person in possession who has any right in the property.
5. That there are no unrecorded labor, mechanic's or material men's liens against the property and no material has been furnished or labor performed on the property which has not been paid in full.
6. That there are no unrecorded easements, liens of assessments for sanitary sewers, paving or other public utilities against said property.
7. That there are no claims whatsoever of any kind or description against any fixtures or equipment located on the said premises.
8. That there are no existing contracts for sale, options to purchase or unrecorded deeds or mortgages existing against said property.
9. That this affidavit is made for the purpose of_____________________.
Subscribed and sworn to before me this ___ day of _______, 19__.
My commission expires________ NOTARY PUBLIC