Thank You Letters After Interview
Thank You Letters after Interview. I've interviewed hundreds of people over my work career, but very few sent thank you letters after the interviews.
However, the few that did were memorable and in some instances ended up getting the job. I can't say it was the follow up letters to the interviews that made the difference, but it certainly didn't hurt.
So, if you're thinking about sending a thank you for interview letter here are Five Post Interview Thank You Letter Writing Tips to consider.
- Email your thank you letter the same day of your interview. Regular mail is okay, but speed is essential in today's fast moving work environment. Decisions about who to hire are often times made swiftly and you don't want your thank you letter to arrive after the decision has been made.
- Be brief. Limit it to no more than 5-6 sentences and if you can't limit it to that rewrite it until you can. No reason to ruin a good interview by sending a rambling thank you for interview letter that goes on and on.
- Restate your interest in the position and give one or two reasons why you think that you're an ideal candidate for the position. Relate it to something said or discussed during the job interview.
- Be professional. Use proper grammar and formal titles and salutations (Mr.& Ms. - that sort of thing) and certainly don't use any slang.
- Proofread your letter several times to be sure that it contains no grammatical errors; that it has good form and structure; and that the paper contains no wrinkles, water or grease stains.
Below, for your convenience, is a Sample After Interview Thank You Letter.
City, State & Zip Code
Name and Title (if known)
City, State & Zip Code
Dear [insert name];
Thank you for the time and consideration extended to me during my interview with you yesterday.
I appreciate having had the opportunity to speak with you about my qualifications for the [blank position] with you this morning. Afterwards I reflected on how perfectly aligned my work related experience is with your needs.
In closing, I look forward to hearing from you soon and want to thank you again for the courtesy of the interview.
Interview Thank You Letters
Thank You Letter Examples
Job Interview Thank You Letter
Other Pages You Might Like
Thank You for Lunch and the Interview
Thank You for the Opportunity to Learn More about the LPN Position
Interview Thank You Letter Thank You for the Offer But
Exit Thank You Letters after Interview - See More Sample Business Letters